AVAILABLE CLASS DATES:
April 10, 2020 @ SHC REGISTER HERE
(8 slots remaining)
July 22, 2020 @ AAlderbrook Sportsman Association, Littleton, NH REGISTER HERE
(7 slots remaining)
July 23, 2020 @ Alderbrook Sportsman Association, Littleton, NH REGISTER HERE
(1 slot remaining - Wait-listing available)
Southington Hunt Club and Training is offering a 1 and 2-day Competition Preparation Class designed for shooters looking to increase their match performance and evaluate and train on series of exercises and drills commonly seen in today’s precision rifle competitions. Lead instructors Matt Stiner and Keith Baker will provide professional mentoring and hands on instruction to improve your baseline performance for any competition.
This course will utilize the 700 yard range at Southington Hunt Club and Training Facility OR the range at Alderbrook Sportsman Association in New Hamsphire, fully taking advantage of all of the available props used in current matches. Students that complete the course will have a proficiency in firearm safety, firearm handling under stress conditions, advanced marksmanship fundamentals, a combined knowledge of their personal capabilities with their equipment and systematic training methods for future progression.
Key Topics Covered:
· Cold bore data and zeroing of the weapon system
· Positional shooting, prone, standing, kneeling, sitting on and around urban obstacles while stationary and moving under condensed timelines
· Multiple target training under condensed timelines
· Practical stress events
· Shot placement and speed drills
· Dissecting and analyzing competition events and the application of scoring well given the shooter abilities
· Class sizes are limited to 10 students unless otherwise denoted
***READ THIS PLEASE***
All course payments are not refundable and under no circumstances can be transferred to a future course. Shooters should not register unless they commit to attend the training.
Recommended Equipment List:
· Precision rifle capable of one minute of angle accuracy ***
· Match ammunition (150-200 rounds)
· Quality scope with adjustable turrets and MIL or MOA reticle
· Rear Bag
· Pen, pencil, highlighter
· Rifle data book or notebook
· Ballistic Calculator (Kestrel, StrelokPro, Hornady 4DOF, etc)
· Ear protection
· Comfortable yet durable clothing (pants and long sleeved shirt recommended)
· Durable footwear
· Food/Lunch to snack on throughout the day
· Shooting Mat (if desired)
· Sunscreen/bug repellent
It is important that the equipment (rifle, scope, ammunition) that you are using in the class consistently meets the accuracy and adjustability requirements. We don’t want you or others slowed or potentially limited by the wrong equipment. Once the event begins it won’t be to fix any deficiencies until we break for lunch.
Southington Hunt Club is in Garrettsville, Ohio and is located approximately 1 hour from the Cleveland International Airport and approximately 1.25 hours from the Pittsburgh International Airport.
· Southington Hunt Club: Camping at our Certified Camp Ground (Primitive / Electric Sites / Bath House) (email: email@example.com for details)
· Hotels / Restaurants: Niles, Ohio 44446
Range Address for Ohio Classes:
Southington Hunt Club
10321 Silica Sand Rd.
Garrettsville, Ohio 44231
Ohio Classes:EVERY SHOOTER MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE WAIVER 1 TIME IN 2020
There will be several rifles available for rental for the class. Please inquire if a rental rifle and ammo is needed.
1 Day Prep Course: $300
(Includes range fees and shirt)
2 Day Prep Course: $579
(Includes range fees and shirt)